Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My awesomely amazing sister (you'll "meet" her later, but for now, let's call her BBS for Best Big Sis!) and I planned to go shopping yesterday.  We both need summer clothes, she had a return to make at Target and I needed something from Bed Bath and Beyond, which is right next door.  We planned to make a day of it and have some girlie, sister time.  I was excited to spend the day with her and gush over the two younger monkeys, who are both, thankfully, too young for school.  Friday I realized I had double booked myself and had a meeting for a not-for-profit for which I'm an officer at 4:15.  No problem, BBS would have to be home in time to get the older monkeys off the bus anyway, so my meeting only meant that we'd have to be home about a half hour earlier.  No big deal.  Then Sunday evening I got a call reminding me that I had another commitment (foster related) at 2:30.  How had I managed to not only double book myself, but to triple book myself for that day?!?  Oh, and did I mention that BBS was going to pick me up from the auto shop so my car could be worked on while we shopped?  Quadruple booked!  I called BBS in a tizzy and, as usual, she took it all in stride.  She suggested I call the shop first thing in the morning to see if they could get me in earlier, then she'd pick me up early, we'd cut our day a bit short and be back in plenty of time for my other obligations.  And wouldn't you know it?  It was an awesome day full of girl time, monkey snuggles and fulfilling all my commitments.  I am so lucky to have a sister who is level headed and comes up with logical solutions to my freak outs!

Oh, and did I mention that Princess wanted me while we were shopping?  At one point, I pulled her stroller up to BBS, said, "stay with Mommy for a minute, I'll be right back" and stepped away and she started bawling!  I came back and asked her if she thought I was leaving her and she gave me the most pathetic little poopy lipped "Yes" I've ever seen.  I love that little girl so much, and I love, love, love that she loves me too! :)

2 comments:

  1. How could she not love you?! We had a great day and got lots done AND made it back in time for your appointments! MIRACLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day because I was with great people :)

      Delete