Friday, May 25, 2012

I Want You to Want Me

Professor Wordsmith once told me the thing he misses most about being married is knowing that he is wanted.  He said he doesn't really miss his ex, and especially doesn't miss her drama, but he misses the feeling of being sure that there is someone out there who is thinking of him, missing him, and wanting to be with him.  But I digress.

I want you to want me.  You know, the song by Cheap Trick?  I love that song!  More importantly, the monkeys love that song.  When Buddy was born, Miss Thing had a hard time dealing with the fact that she was no longer the center of the universe.  If she felt like we were giving Buddy too much attention, she'd cry, "I want you!"  You know, that pathetic little kid cry where they seem so sad it just makes your heart melt.  At first it was sweet.  Then it got a little old.  Then it got to be annoying.  So I taught her that song..."I want you to want me.  I need you to need me.  I love you to love me.  I'm begging you to beg me!"  I could go on, but I think you get the point.  Buddy is now 10 years old and that song is still "Aunt Karen's song" and every time it comes on, all the kids dance and sing along.  And every time it comes on, I'm reminded how lucky I am that I will always know there is someone out there who is thinking of me, missing me, and wanting to be with me.

BBS and I are going to karaoke tonight.  Guess what I'll be singing? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment