Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A case of the anti-Mondays

I met Bestie for lunch and shopping yesterday.  After a particularly rough weekend, it was just what the doctor ordered!  She lives about 2 hours away, so we met half way, had lunch at Applebee's and spent HOURS shopping - at WalMart, of all places!  It was nothing special and I didn't buy anything particularly interesting, but it was so nice to spend time together and catch up.  It's really incredible to me how something so mundane becomes something special when you do it with someone whose company you truly enjoy.  It didn't hurt that her baby is an angel and slept almost the entire time we were together.  Bonus - she woke up twice to eat and I got to feed her both times :) 

I didn't get home until late (I hit the grocery store on the way) and really didn't feel like making dinner.  I had a (raw) sweet potato sitting on the counter and decided to just go simple.  I needed a grain and protein to go with it for Wolfey, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make Quinoa.  I had never tried it before and had my doubts but it's supposed to be really good for you and for animals, so I gave it a shot.  I ended up mixing it half and half with the sweet potato and it was DELICIOUS!  Wolfey gobbled his up, too, so he must have agreed.  A simple, cheap, vegetarian dish we can both enjoy?  I'm definitely on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment