Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet Bug

My younger cousin, Bug, is more like a little sister to me than a cousin.  We hang out, watch movies, eat junk food, and tell each other just about everything.  I like to think that I'm a bit of a mentor for her, especially since she started working for me a couple years ago.  Just like a little sister, she irritates the bejeezus out of me sometimes, but I love her with all my heart and wouldn't trade her for the world.  Just like a big sister, I mother her sometimes, but she claims she still loves me, and I think that's pretty special. 

Today we're working together and as she sits beside me, playing on her iPhone and completely oblivious to the fact that I'm writing this (we just finished putting away a huge truck; we've earned a break!), it strikes me just how lucky I am to have her around.  Thanks, Bug :)  We may harass each other, pick on each other and drive each other bat crap crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment