Thursday, May 17, 2012

Missing pup

We're going into the busy season at work and I'll be working long days, often 6 day per week, so I planned a 4 day weekend this week to have a little down time and get some projects done around the house before the real craziness hits.  Yesterday, in my boss called and said that after reviewing sales from the past two years, he expected this to be a big weekend and suggested that we have an extra person working.  I checked the weather and saw that it's going to be hot and dry - perfect pool weather - and agreed that a spare person would be good.  There went my Saturday, but no problem, I still had Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Shortly after I got off the phone with him, the manager from another store called asking for coverage for her store on Friday.  Her mom is in the hospital and is having surgery Friday; of course she wants to be there.  Immediately I agreed to cover her store; after all, I would hope someone would do that for me if I were in her situation.  In the matter of about half an hour, I went from a 4 day weekend to a 2 day weekend. 

I'd planned to stay at my parents' house last night and watch the season finale of Criminal Minds (and drool over Shemar Moore) with my mom, but when my work schedule changed, I realized that would mean not mowing the grass until Saturday - and it was already looking shaggy yesterday!  I called my mom and of course she completely understood, but there was still the issue of Wolfey being with Mom.  I had dropped him off on my way to work yesterday, in anticipation of staying there last night.  Mom offered for Wolfey to stay so I could go straight home to mow, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but as soon as I walked in the door I missed him. 

I went straight outside to mow and kept watching for Wolfey to come around the corner of the house.  It was so weird!  Same thing when I got up this morning - I checked the floor before getting out of bed to make sure I wasn't going to step on him, only to realize he wasn't there to step on.  This was the first time I've been at my house without Wolfey in years and I guess I didn't realize how much Wolfey is a part of everything I do.  I couldn't believe how much I missed him!  So much so, in fact, that when my mom called and said she had Wolfey at the farm, I stopped in to see them on my way to work this morning.  I'm so thankful my mom was flexible and willing to keep Wolfey last night, but I'm even more happy that I get him back tonight!

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know Criminal Minds was 2 hours until I'd already been sucked in. Up way too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!! And how did I CRY at CM?! Never before (and hopefully never again!) but it got me twice last night! Then again, it could have been that I was a little emotional from missing Wolfey and a little EXHAUSTED from working, mowing and staying up too late watching my show!

      Delete