Friday, May 11, 2012

Meet the Best Big Sis (BBS)

This was supposed to post yesterday but somehow I forgot to hit "publish" when I finished writing.  Oops!

My sister is awesome.  I have to love her because she's my sister.  I don't just love her, I like her.  BBS (and her husband, but he works 9 days a week, so I won't have many stories to tell about him since I don't get to see him much) has blessed me with 5 incredible nieces and nephews.  She's a stay at home mom (and I can admit that I think I'd go crazy doing that!) and she is the best mom those kids ever could have hoped for.  She's supportive, firm but loving and always positive.  Seriously, she's one of the happiest people I know.  She's such an inspiration!

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff and on to the real introduction.  My sister is three years older than me, although growing up everyone thought I was the older one because she was so tiny.  I was, of course, the annoying little sister, but BBS always tolerated me tagging along with her friends.  She took me to my first concert, taught me to drive a stick shift and sent me balloon bouquets every birthday.  None of this is to say that we had a perfect relationship.  After all, we're sisters!  We didn't really become friends until after BBS got married and had Miss Thing.  Suddenly we realized how much we needed each other.  She needed the support and friendship that only family can provide while you're learning how to be a wife and mother and I needed access to my niece!  With the passing years, her growing family and my ups, downs and upside downs of fostering, we have continued to grow closer than ever and I am now very lucky to love a woman who is not only the best big sister, but one of my best friends.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwe! I love you too! What would I do without you?
    Love,
    Your BBS

    ReplyDelete