Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pizza and cat food

Sometimes, even the most dedicated puppy feeder is just too tired to put thought into it.  After working 13 1/2 hours yesterday, I was beat; Wolfey and I junked out last night.  I had to pick him up from my parents' house (they kept him for the day so he wouldn't be alone so long) on my way home from work and when I got there, the house was empty except for pup.  I dug in the fridge (I just didn't think I could make it home without some food!) and came across leftover pizza.  That works, I can eat it in the car.  I was going to make Wolfey wait until we got home so he could have a healthy meal, but as soon as the pizza box came out he started whining and I just couldn't do that to him.  I decided to cave and give him dog food...only to find that there wasn't any!  I threw a handful of cat food at him and he ate like he was half starved (although, truth be known he's a lot like me and could live off his fat for several days!).  He was still fussing after he ate, so in the car on the way home, I offered him the last few bites of my pizza.  Bad doggy mommy, bad!  Too much junk food!  But I've never seen him eat in the car before (despite many people offering him many goodies) so he must have really been hungry.  Poor guy!  Back to the healthy food today, though - ground pork, brown rice and apples for breakfast.  Much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment