Sunday, May 12, 2013

Taking a walk, updated

You see where their loyalty lies
Update: So obviously I posted this from my phone last night after I was done with my walk, but looking at it on a computer now, I realize it's not really clear from the pictures what's going on.  Long story short, Miss Thing asked me to run a 5K with her this summer and of course I agreed, because I never tell the monkeys no unless I absolutely have to.  Man agreed to go to the park with me and we took the dogs along so they could get their exercise, too.  I was using the Couch to 5K app on my phone and the first time it said to jog, Man and I both took off.  About half way through the jog Man slowed to a walk.  When the jog portion was done I turned around to go back to Man so we could do the walk portion together.  He said his head hurt too bad from not eating enough (this darn juice fast is affecting everything!) and would continue the walk but wouldn't jog.  I felt a little light headed after the second but by the time I walked back to Man I was pretty much okay.  The third jog, though, completely kicked my butt.  I cut the jog short and still felt like I was about to pass out.  Man walked me back to the car and I got a drink and sat down while Man did one more lap (we figured I'd walked quite a bit farther than he had since I kept turning around to meet back up with him).  Lolly hesitated for a minute, then took off to walk with Man but Wolfey plopped right down and kept me company until they came back.  I can't decide if he didn't want to leave me alone or was just to lazy to walk any more, but either was I was happy for the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment