Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Juicing, part 6

Day 11: Wednesday, Weight 202
Things seem pretty normal now.  I don't even miss eating any more.  I still think I need protein and that doing this long term would be pretty unhealthy, but all in all I'm feeling good.  No more horrible headaches, no more hunger pangs (my stomach does still growl a lot; I guess I'm just able to ignore it) and I'm no longer having cravings.  I'm looking forward to getting back to eating and seeing how my attitude toward food has changed.  Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to chow down on a huge melty pizza or dig into a giant bowl of ice cream, but I also look at that number up there and realize how close I am to being under 200 pounds and that feels better than any food could ever taste.  Oh, boy, I just went all Kate Moss.  Sorry about that!  Really, though, I do look better and feel better about myself.  BBS says she can really see it in my face and while I'm not seeing the weight loss in my body or how my clothes fit, my face definitely looks thinner and my skin is so much clearer!  Though we won't be running again until after this is done, Man and I have started walking daily and I think that's going to help keep up the weight loss even after I go back to eating real food.

Side note, I got to spend the evening with my mom tonight and it was really great to catch up.  My parents live in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood and we sat out on the porch and talked for hours.  I've missed that!  Grandpa is still in the nursing home and not doing the best, but things are finally settling down and we're all having an opportunity to catch up on some much needed together-but-not-at-the-hospital time!

Day 12: Thursday
Scratch that about not seeing the weight loss in my body or in how my clothes fit.  I can't keep my pants on I think I need a belt!  Today was a truck day at work and every time I bent down to pick something up or move a box I had to stop and pull my pants up.  My coworker was teasing me that she's going to get me suspenders for my underwear.  This is crazy!  It's amazing how all the sudden I'm really seeing the weight loss.  I have high hopes of losing 25 pounds by the wedding.  On our walk tonight Man and I discussed how far we've come and what our plan is for keeping this up.  To do the true 15 day fast I shouldn't eat until Monday but we agreed that tomorrow will be the final day of the full fast since we'll have the girls for the weekend and we both think it's more important to sit down to dinner as a family than to do another day and a half of the juice fast.  I'll do juice only until dinner time, when we'll all eat a healthy family meal.

I realize I haven't given an update on Man in a while, but it's because he has stopped keeping notes.  He says he's doing well and feels like he can sustain eating one sensible meal a day and juicing the rest of the day for quite some time.  We'll see how that works once I'm eating again and he has more access to food, but I hope he's right.  He hasn't seen as much weight loss as me, but he says he can feel it in how his clothes fit and I can see it in his skin and clarity of mind.  I'm so proud of him for completely stopping drinking pop (he was drinking nearly half a case of Diet Coke a day) and nearly eliminating the processed foods.  He still has a ways to go to really eat healthy, but this is amazing progress in a short time and he's really trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment