Friday, May 24, 2013

Okay, I promise I haven't been intentionally neglecting you guys!  I did write and publish a post late Wednesday night but some how it's GONE!  I'm not sure what happened and unfortunately I can't even remember what it was (give me a break, it was late!) but it's MIA, much as it appears I have been the last several days!

I do have an excuse, though.  Wednesday I spent about 5 hours on the road driving to have lunch with an old college friend and visit The Girl.  It was a great time but really exhausting.  Of course, it didn't help that I had time to kill in between so I went shopping!  I was hoping to get a dress for our engagement pictures next week but came home with two dresses, six shirts and a pair of shoes!  Thursday Man and I went to IKEA in hopes of finding something to help us organize the girls' room and came home with about $125 worth of stuff, none of which was for the girls!  Oops!  Still, it was a great day and we really needed that fun time together.  We got home just in time to do a quick clean up of the house before our realtor arrived to check out the house and give us the bad news that not only has the house has depreciated about 25% since I bought it five years ago, but there have been so many foreclosures in our area that even the nice houses are being listed for way less than they're worth.  So this whole selling the house thing may have to be put on hold a little while.  I did the math and with Man getting a new job in Cincinnati and me already working on the outskirts of Cincinnati, we could save almost $750 a month in mileage just by moving closer to the state line (we currently live in nowhere'sville Indiana).  We know the benefits of moving, but now that we know the cost we had to sit down and really hash it out last night.  We still haven't decided for sure what we're going to do, but at least now we know our options and have had the opportunity to really talk about it.  We shall see what happens!

So anyway, that's my laundry list of reasons why I haven't been around much lately.  Forgive me?  I promise I'll finish up the juicing info as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment