Thursday, April 25, 2013

13 months and still going strong

Remember my letter to my "new girl" (don't get all icky there, I just happen to almost always have female employees!)?  Well, she's no longer new (she celebrated her first anniversary last month), but she continues to be one of the best employees I've ever had.  Not only did she do an amazing job this past week, covering my store while I worked two other stores for our big sale, but she trained our newest new girl during that time and together, they left the store looking just about spotless.  I was thrilled!  Unfortunately my other awesome employee from last season has moved on and last year's "new girl" is on vacation this week and I had to have someone from a different store cover my day off yesterday.  I was a little worried about how the store was going to look when I came in this morning but had been assured that he could handle everything.  Add one more reason to the list of why I love my employees: she not only let me vent to her about the complete chaos that was my store when I came in while she's on vacation, she did it with a smile on her face (or so it sounded, over the phone) and even made sure I was laughing by the time we got off the phone.  I really am lucky to have such an amazing staff and to have built relationships with such awesome people through my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment