Thursday, April 4, 2013

Abuse is in the eye of the beholder

Man has been absolutely amazing while my back has been out. He has catered to my every need and done everything in his power to protect me from any possibility of being caused any additional pain. Unfortunately, this has also meant that on occasion he has had to protect me from the dogs jumping on me. The worst was when I was trying to get out of bed and Lolly knocked me down. I screamed in pain and Man came running to the rescue. He grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her off of me and Lolly started yelping. I think it was more from shock than from pain, but it was still a heartbreaking sound. Once I was settled back down I thought things were fine, but Lolly has been acting like an abused pup ever since. It really makes you wonder what she went through before coming to our home that one incident is causing her so much anxiety. My poor pup is really stressing, but I also feel bad for Man, who now looks like the bad guy to Lolly when he was just trying to take care of me. I wish I could reason with my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment