Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy day after Easter!

I wrote this weeks ago (obviously!) and somehow it got lost in my "drafts" folder.  Oops!  Anyway, it's still a nice reminder of an awesome end to a great week with the girls and a sweet little reminder of what I'll be missing when I'm working all weekend while Man gets to hang out with the girls.  I hope you all had as great of an Easter as we did!

Yesterday was a non-stop candy fest.  The girls woke up around 8:00 and found that the Easter bunny had left them three baskets each.  They oohed and ahhed over each little thing (including each candy-filled plastic egg) and were super excited when I told them I needed them to empty their eggs so I could refill them for the Easter egg hunt at Mema and Papa's house later.  Then everyone scrambled to get ready and get to my parents' house on time for breakfast.  For the record, it was worth the rush!  The most delicious ham ever, scrambled eggs, fruit salad and five different kinds of coffee cake!  After breakfast the kids found their baskets and started in on their second round of candy.  We distracted them for a while by doing an Easter egg hunt but there weren't many kids there at that point, we didn't have a ton of eggs and we had to keep it inside because it had just finished raining.  So back to the candy they went.  BBS, hubby and the monkeys arrived early afternoon and we had a second Easter egg hunt, this time outside (though all the eggs could be accessed from the driveway and sidewalks to avoid the mud) and the kids played together so well.  Our middle child did end up with a bit of a tummy ache from too much sugar and running around with a candy-filled belly but all in all it was an awesome day.  We got the girls home and snuggled in to bed relatively early and Man and I had a quiet evening to ourselves.  I really am lucky to love this amazing little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment