Saturday, March 16, 2013

This blog has taken a serious turn from where I started

My original idea for this blog was to focus on Wolfey's health and resulting behavioral issues.  I hoped to be a resource for anyone with animals with health issues and especially those for who turned to making their own dog food.  I planned to sprinkle in anecdotes about my friends and family for interest (especially since I have some pretty amazing friends and family who really deserve to be highlighted!) but to really have the bulk of my writing be about Wolfey.  When Lolly came along I planned to broaden that to be about both animals, but I still wanted to keep the people stuff to be less than half of my blog.  Then life happened and the proverbial poo hit the fan, subject-matter wise.  For example this morning, as I'm mentally running through the past 24 hours in my head trying to decide what to write about today, I consider the following list of possible subjects:

  • Lolly is a wall (this one was actually pretty funny; I'm sure I'll write on it eventually)
  • Man needs to stop eating cheese so he's not sick all the time (for the record, he's lactose intolerant).  I actually felt sorry for him this morning when he said he didn't feel well, but when I went to pack my lunch for work and found that my cheese was missing, I lost all sympathy.   
  • Miss Thing threw a Thirty-One party last night and only had 1 friend (plus me) show up.  I felt so bad I almost decided to buy enough to make it count as a party so she would get her hostess benefits!
  • I need pointers on getting Man out of bed before 10:00am.  We agreed we'd both adjust our sleep schedules when we moved in together.  Instead, I'm staying up until midnight or later to spend time with him and still getting up for work at my usual time but he's still keeping his old schedule.  So far all we've accomplished is making me sleep deprived and grumpy!
  • Miss Thing and our oldest are officially e-mail buddies!  I love that the new cousins are becoming fast friends!
  • I bit Man on the chest.  I'm pretty sure I left a mark.  He was tickling me.  It was self defense.  Please don't call the authorities!
  • Last night I farted so long and loud Man thought it was one of the dogs growling.  Don't judge, Miss Thing practically force fed me wheat!  And by force fed, I mean that she offered her friend a cookie and I took one, too.

So I have to face facts: my life is just too darn interesting/funny/insane to just focus on the dogs!  I have to admit that I count myself incredibly lucky to love such wonderful people (and animals!) who have taken my life, and my blog, in amazing new directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment