Monday, March 11, 2013

Back to life

Our oldest and our little one both cried when they had to go home yesterday and our middle child became really quiet and withdrawn.  She said nothing was wrong, but she's so stoic, you never know what was going through her little head.  None of us were ready for the weekend to end.  We picked the girls up from school on Friday and their mom picked them up from us yesterday late afternoon.  The time in between was filled with lots of laughs, tons of snuggles and an amazingly good time.  We ate well and got along better and I never would have dreamed that the weekend would go so well.  We swam in the hotel pool, wandered through Circle Center Mall, celebrated Bestie's baby girl turning one year old (!!!), visited monument circle and explored the Children's Museum.  I have to admit, I was a little worried about all that togetherness and the five of us being cramped into one hotel room, but if it's possible, I think I love them all (Man, included!) more now than I did before!  It is truly amazing to experience something you've done a million times through the eyes of a child; it makes everything seem new and exciting again, and really lets you see what life is all about.  As much as I didn't want the weekend to end, I also know how lucky I am to go home to Man tonight, and to have these amazing kids in my life, for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment