Friday, March 22, 2013

Poor Brady

Man has been out of town for work all week.  He left early Monday morning and won't be home until some time tonight.  All the animals have been suffering from lack of attention and while I've made a point to give each of them one-on-one attention at some point each day poor Brady just doesn't know what to make of all this.  First his daddy starts bringing this crazy lady with the noisy dogs around, then he takes Brady and all their stuff to go live in the same house as the crazy lady with the dogs.  A few weeks later, his daddy leaves, and Brady and all their stuff is left stuck in this strange house with the crazy lady and the noisy dogs.  Eeep!  It's just too much for a quiet little kitty to handle.

Day One: I was off work, so I spent the whole day at home, cleaning, cooking, doing laundry and snuggling the dogs.  Several times I went into Man's office (where all of Brady's stuff is housed) but Brady hid from me every time.  I think I did finally pet him for a second at one point, but he was NOT happy about it.

Day Two: Brady was still very stand-offish but he did allow me to pet him.  I attempted to pick him up and that was the end of that.  He jumped up to the top level of his cat tree, and I'm not tall enough to reach him very well there, so I gave up and focused my attention on the animals who wanted my snuggles.  For the record, I didn't just thumb my nose at the cat, but the dogs were waiting patiently outside Man's office for me to come out and love them, too.  I tried several more times to give Brady attention and each time he let me pet him for a few seconds and then jumped up on his tree.

Day Three: Brady finally let me pick him up, though it didn't last long.  I was able to pet him long enough to get him purring, but it was almost like he realized how much he was enjoying my attention and thought he was cheating on his daddy, so once he started purring, he jumped up on the tree.  I tried several more times, but none were as successful as that first attempt.

Day Four: Success!  I snuggled Brady for several minutes before he left me in preference of his tree.  He even came out into the kitchen to explore while the dogs were outside for a little while.  Maybe he doesn't hate me!

Day Five: I woke up this morning to find Brady sitting in the doorway to Man's office, waiting for me to give him attention.  Of course the dogs got all silly when they saw me paying attention to Brady instead of them, so it was short lived, but at least Brady was making some effort.

Man will be home tonight and it will be really interesting to see how the dynamics change once the animals are able to go back to their routine.  I hope Brady still gives me some kitty loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment