Saturday, March 23, 2013

How does he do it?

Man arrived home last night (!!!) and while we wanted to spend time together, we were both completely wiped out.  After dinner we got the kids settled on the couch for a little snuggle time while Man did a little work, then everybody headed to bed early.  Man and I settled in and I think we were both asleep before our heads hit the pillow.  And thank goodness for that, because the dogs had me up several times during the night, including from about 4:45 on.  I don't know how many times I yelled at them to go back to sleep, to lay down and to generally stop making noise.  Lolly barked several times and Man never stirred.  I finally got up around 5:00 or so and put them outside just so I could get some sleep but then woke up to Wolfey barking to be let in around 6:00 and the whole circus started back up.  Finally, I whisper-yelled, "Dogs!" and Wolfey went to Man's side of the bed to whine and tell on me.  This, of course, woke Man up enough to yell at Wolfey, but he never said a word about all the noise Lolly was making and immediately started snoring again.  I stayed in bed as long as I could, since I was soooo tired, but of course as soon as I got up the girls did too and started needing this, that and the other thing, which I, of course, couldn't take care of since I had to get ready for work and hadn't budgeted time for them (shame on me!)  I finally went into our room and told Man he had to get up because I was up all night with the dogs while he was sleeping and now it was his turn!  Don't get me wrong, he had a really long week and I'm glad he was able to sleep because he really needed it, but I want to know - HOW DOES HE DO IT?!?  I would love to be able to sleep through all the racket Lolly makes, but instead, he got a full night's sleep (which he needs, since he's on his own with the girls all day while I'm at work) while I'm dragging butt!  Maybe I need to take lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment