Friday, March 15, 2013

Parental warning: profanity

Not bad profanity, just a little.  I'm pretty protective of the monkeys, and I know BBS often lets them read my blog, so I always give her a heads up when it's not appropriate!  That being said...

Lolly.  For those of you who have met her in all her glory, enough said!  This is the dog I feed Calms before we have company so she doesn't totally molest them, and people still say, "wow, she's got some energy!"  We've taken to calling her "the bitch" because she's so quick and rough she ends up being really mean to Wolfey.  I always feel bad after calling her that, but she really is!  I don't think she would ever intentionally hurt Wolfey, she just wants to get her way and she's so full of energy; she moves much more quickly than my little old man.  Lolly has been known to tackle Wolfey to get a bone or treat she wants or to try to get him to play (especially when he's got his leg hiked up, mid-pee and she wants him to play NOW!).  This morning I came across a "chewy" (like a rawhide but it's made from pork skin so it's easier on their tummies) and kicked it out to the middle of the floor so the dogs could find it.  Both dogs heard it and came running but of course Lolly got there first.  She picked it up, went to sit on the couch and just put it under her chin, not even chewing on it.  Poor Wolfey looked at me all sad and I said, "the bitch beat you to it again, didn't she?" so I got another one out and gave it to Wolfey.  As soon as Lolly heard the bag crinkle she came running, expecting to get it.  I handed it to Wolfey and Lolly acted like she was going to try to take it from him.  I ended up closing him in the bedroom so Lolly couldn't get to him.  It's sad that I have to separate them for a long-lasting treat (they're fine when it's something that's gone quickly, like their dinner) but I just can't bear the thought of Lolly stealing both chewies and Wolfey sitting there pouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment