Friday, February 15, 2013

Stripes, stripes, fruit stripes gum!

Admit it, now you want some!  And you're picturing the cartoon zebra blowing a big pink bubble.  Ha!  Welcome to the insanity that is my brain!  Okay, now where was I going with all this?  Oh, yeah!

The girls' room desperately needed repainted. I've lived in this house for 4 1/2 years, and I've never painted in there.  Plus, in that time, my ex "built" a desk (and did significant damage to the wall) and The Girl punched a whole in the wall, on top of the usual dings and holes from daily wear and tear and hanging pictures.  So the girls asked for "Pink and blue. But more blue than pink. And can we have stripes?!?" and I got to work. Of course, I couldn't have done it without my foster friend who helped me pick the perfect paint colors (including none other than Bubblegum Pink!) and clear out the room and my awesome Mom who gave up her entire Sunday to help me paint!




What can I say?  When my girls ask, I deliver!

2 comments:

  1. You're jumping right into being such a great mom to and for them! Have fun making those special bonds and memories. It looks like a great room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I went on a bit of a spree at Hobby Lobby this morning for little finishing touches. I'll post more pictures when it's complete, but it's really coming along. I hope the girls love their room as much as I have enjoyed preparing it for them. They really are the daughters I never thought I'd have!

      Delete