Monday, February 18, 2013

It's official!

Man is all moved in!  Of course, by "all moved in" I mean his shit is in boxes, spread all over my our house, but HE'S HERE!!!  Friday night after work I went up to his old house and Saturday morning we got up early to start packing the last minute things and pick up the Uhaul.  Bestie's husband came over late morning to help load the big stuff and Man and I spent the rest of the afternoon loading the rest of the house onto the truck.  As soon as the truck was loaded, Wolfey and I drove down to my our house with my car loaded down with coolers and things that HAD to make it into the house that night while Man and Lolly stayed behind to patch picture hanger holes, clean and do a final walk through.  It took me an hour and a half to unload the coolers into the fridge and freezer, and even then not everything made it.  The fridge was literally overflowing, and when Man got home and got into it to get a drink, the mustard jumped out at him!  That was even with leaving a cooler full of condiments and things that wouldn't go back out in the garage because there just wasn't room for them.  Then yesterday we were up early, unpacking everything.  Mom and Dad came out to help us unload the Uhaul, put together furniture and start unpacking boxes and I'm so thankful for them, because I'm just not sure Man and I could have done it on our own!  We got my our room completely put together and the little girls' room nearly done (the beds still need sheets, but that's about it) but the garage is still full of boxes, our big girl's bed is piled high with bedding and clothes that don't yet have a home and the kitchen is a complete disaster.  Still, the house is more than livable and I'm so glad to have Man here!  We both keep slipping and saying "my" instead of "our" and we know it's going to be quite an adjustment for both of us, since we're both pretty set in our ways, after having lived on our own for so long, but I just can't imagine doing it with anyone else!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just grinning ear to ear for you both! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! We're pretty happy! It's definitely an adjustment, and there are areas where we both need to change our ways a little (I'm a morning person and he's a night owl, which has made sleeping in the same room a bit of a challenge!) but I love sharing it with him!

      Delete