Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Adjustments

In a matter of 13 months (from this past August to this coming September), I will have gone from a single woman with one dog to a married stepmother of three with two dogs and a cat.  Talk about an adjustment!  I wouldn't change it for the world, but I'm working to prepare myself for having Man's girls around every other weekend.  The youngest (yes, I know, I still need to come up with blog names for them!) is incredibly strong willed and while I love that that means she's independent and won't easily be influenced by peer pressure, it also means that she's going to be quite a challenge for me, as a stepmom, to discipline.  I'm thankful to have my probation, mental health and fostering background so that I've had experience with strong willed kids, but I know this is going to be a lot different, since I'll always have to defer to Man as the "expert" when it comes to his kids.  Thankfully, I've got lots of mommy friends, an awesome support system and plenty of resources to which I can turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment