Thursday, February 14, 2013

Life is good!

Sorry.  I didn't blog yesterday.  But I have a good excuse.  Honest!  After working late into the night (okay, 11:00, but that's late for me!) on preparing the house for Man to move in this weekend (!!!) I slept in just a bit yesterday.  Plus, let's be honest - nothing great had happened yet that early in the morning, so anything I would have posted then would have been boring.  Trust me, I did you a favor on that one.  Okay, moving on...

I got to see The Girl yesterday morning!!  I hadn't seen her in nearly 6 months, so even though our time together was brief and not the greatest of visits, it was still wonderful just to see her face.  She's not the happiest, but she's safe and healthy and that's really all that matters in the long run.

Next I ran some errands.  Nothing real fun, but I got a lot accomplished.  The best part of errands: they put me in Harrison, which meant I got to have lunch with Dad!  I don't get him one-on-one very often, so it was really nice to sit down to lunch together and just chat.

Then I met up with BBS, Doll Baby and Princess.  I sat with the monkeys while BBS got her hair cut, then we went to visit our grandparents and got lucky enough to see our aunt and a cousin while we were there.  I hadn't seen my grandparents since Christmas, so it was really nice to get to visit for a while.

On the way back I ran a few more errands, then went to my parents' house for dinner.  We had home made macaroni and cheese (as per my request) made with rice noodles so I could eat it, salmon patties (yes, we're Catholic!) and salad.  The texture wasn't quite right on the mac and cheese, with the rice noodles, but it was still pretty great!

I arrived home exhausted but extremely happy.  I just love days like that, when I get to see so many of the people I love!  Bonus: I got to spend time with the little monkeys again today, when I watched them while BBS took Roxie to the vet!  Hooray for two days in a row! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment