Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm beginning to understand how it is that new moms are so exhausted while the dads act like life hasn't changed much. When women sleep, we keep one eye open watching for anything that could bring harm to our babies and one ear listening for anything our babies need. When men sleep, they sleep. Period. Over the weekend the girls got up earlier than Man both days. While he got up at a reasonable time on Sunday to make breakfast before I had to go to work, on Saturday the girls and I were up a good two hours before he got up. I thought it was just because I was keeping the girls busy with cupcake decorating and we were being pretty quiet that he was able to sleep so long, but today proved me wrong.
I'm off work today, so I planned to sleep in just a but before going bridesmaid dress shopping with BBS but at about 6:45 I woke up to the sound of Wolfey getting sick on the floor at the end of the bed. I jumped out of bed, sent him outside and gathered up some cleaning supplies. I wiped up what I could and then TURNED ON THE LIGHT to clean up the rest, probably not being very quiet, since I was gagging the whole time. I put my supplies away, washed my hands and let Wolfey back in, asking him if he was okay. Both dogs were up, jumping around by then and I had to settle them back down and corral them in the bedroom so I could attempt to go back to sleep. Needless to say I've been unsuccessful in that, and I've been laying here in bed playing Ruzzle ever since. But Man? Well, he kept right on snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment