Sunday, September 16, 2012

What a way to wake up

I woke up at 7:26 this morning, to the awesome realization that my dogs had let me sleep in! I also realized that I'd forgotten to close the bedroom door but both dogs had slept through the night. Wolfey was curled up next to me, Lolly at the foot of the bed. Amazing! As soon as I stirred, the both came up for some snuggles and scratches, but still, both were very appropriate and not attacking me with their lovins, which is Lolly's usual M. O. I really enjoyed waking up that way. After about 15 minutes Lolly started to get restless. She went out to the kitchen, presumably to let me know she wanted breakfast, then came back and jumped on the bed. She went off somewhere else then came back for some snuggles. The third time she went off, she came back right in my face, licking and pawing at me. Annoying, but typical for my little girl, so I reprimanded her and went on petting Wolfey. Well, apparently that was her way of telling me she had to potty, because she promptly hopped down, squatted in the corner and peed. Right in front of me!! I'm pretty sure Lolly has had more accidents in the four weeks she's been here than Wolfey has had in the entire four YEARS we have lived in this house! I really need to learn this girl's signals because this is the third time she's had an accident while I've been home. It's infuriating but I am determined to figure her out! Foster mama, if you're reading this, I'm open to any and all input you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment