Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My boy

As you may have noticed, it's all about Lolly lately.  It's not intentional on my part; Wolfey is so well behaved and easy going, it makes him easy to overlook but Lolly is very much and in your face kind of dog.  She would never let you ignore her!  Wolfey is really good about letting Lolly have her one-on-one time with me, but when it's his turn, she infallibly jumps in, forcing me to pet her, too.  I find myself saying, "two hands, two doggies.  You do the math."  I think Wolfey gets it - I swear that boy speaks English!  But Lolly is clueless.  I'm pretty sure her thought process is something like, "you're home, therefore you should be paying attention to me."  The other night I was talking to Mom about this and she offered for Wolfey to spend some time at her house, just so he'd get some one-on-one, even if it wasn't with me, but I just feel so guilty shipping him off so I can give Lolly the attention she needs.  I'd almost rather send Lolly away for a day and give Wolfey some special time, but I know that Lolly just needs to have the chance to bond before she can settle down and settle in.  Sometimes she irritates the bejeezus out of me with her clingyness but I'm trying to take a step back and remember how my foster kids where.  At least I could tell them why they'd moved and they got to visit their moms.  Poor Lolly was just uprooted AGAIN and no one can explain it to her.  It's so weird for me, because Wolfey knew he was home from day one; I got him from a shelter and he knew I had saved him.  But Lolly was in a safe, comfortable, loving home and I just took her away.  I do wonder if seeing her foster mommy would help, or if that would just confuse her more.  Either way, I've got to find a way to give Wolfey more attention before he starts thinking I'm playing favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment