Monday, September 3, 2012

Paw problems

Lolly has the roughest paws of any dog I've ever known.  I know dogs paws need to be a little rough for traction, but this is far beyond what is necessary.  She doesn't mean to, but she really hurts me when she jumps up or steps on me.  In fact, my chest is all scratched up from her trying to snuggle and scraping her paws on me.  This morning I didn't even realize how bad she'd gotten my arm until I got in the shower and it burned from the soap - I have quite a red patch!  As with any skin irritation, fish oil was my first line of defense, but it just wasn't enough.  I asked her foster mom if she had tried anything and she gave me some paw balm from GNC that has helped, but it's still not enough.  I've done my research and determined that Bag Balm is going to be my next thing to try.  Wish me luck, and I'll post an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment