Thursday, September 27, 2012

Potty training

I thought potty training the boy was rough.  At 3 1/2 years old, he came to me wearing a pull up.  Not having raised a child before, I knew he was behind, but didn't realize just how difficult it was going to be until a few months in, when he was regressing instead of moving forward and I was at my wit's end.  The plus side here?  A child can wear a diaper.

Lolly, on the other hand, just pees where she wants, when she wants.  I have to say, last night was an improvement over the night before; I actually got to sleep all night - amazing!  So why am I complaining?  I have one and a half baths in my house, with the half bath being in the master bedroom, so I have to shower in the hall bath.  Because I do have a half bath in my room, the only time I go in the hall bath is to clean it periodically and to shower.  So, in my still sleepy state this morning, I wandered into the hall bath to shower...and stepped in a puddle.  It seems that Lolly has decided to potty train herself.  Don't get me wrong, it's easier to clean pee off of tile than hardwood, but if she's going to make it all the way to the bathroom anyway, why can't she just lift the lid and flush when she's done?!

No comments:

Post a Comment