Sunday, September 2, 2012

DCS should put me on their payroll.

I just spent nearly an hour and a half on the phone with my daughter's sister's dad's uncle's wife. Also known as the sister's foster mom. Such a weird situation, and just one more reason I'm not fostering right now - because as much as I love my girl and want to do everything I can to help her, it should NOT be my responsibility to make sure the other kids' foster parents are kept up to date on the case. People who work for DCS are called caseworkers. Think maybe it's their job to keep people informed, and, you know, work on the case? Still, as frustrating as it is, I know that I'm incredibly lucky to have such a great relationship with the other foster parents and workers in her case to be able to help my girl as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment