Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Way back when I was fostering Lolly, BBS and the monkeys fell in love with her and wanted her for their own.  Unfortunately, with Lolly's behavior and health issues, BBS knew it just wasn't an option, so we told the kids no.  BBS and I continued to work behind the scenes, though, and considered that maybe once I had Lolly healthy and trained, I may give her to the monkeys for Christmas.  As Lolly has settled in to my home and she and Wolfey continue to improve their relationship, I've become a bit reluctant to follow through on this, and since BBS hadn't brought it up in a while, I just let it die.  Then when I took the dogs to visit the other day, the monkeys brought it up again.  Lolly was so good at their house, seeming much more relaxed and comfortable at their house than at mine, and it reminded me that she just needs so much more attention than I can give her, and I once again began to consider it.  While it breaks my heart to think of sending her away, I also know that they could give her more love and attention than I ever could, and I know it would be so good for her.  BBS and I talked a lot about it and went back and forth several times.  Finally, yesterday, BBS called and said she just couldn't do it.  I hated to admit it, but I was so relieved!  Yes, Lolly drives me crazy sometimes.  Yes, she is super clingy and needs way more attention than I can give her.  Yes, it's true that I've only had her a few months.  But she's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment