Thursday, November 8, 2012

Reblog

I don't often reblog.  In fact, I'm not sure I've ever done it.  I figure if you want to read someone else's blog, you'll go there and read it yourself.  But this particular one just says it so much better than I could.  When I was fostering, I had real issues with why the boy was taken away from his mom.  DCS had given me a little (VERY little) background and the boy's mom was generally pretty open with me, and while I could see reasons for DCS to be involved, it just didn't seem like enough to me.  I know there was a lot that I didn't know, so I assumed there must be enough for him to be taken from his home, but it just seemed...well...odd. I always said that while she was never going to win any mother of the year awards, no one would ever love that little boy like she did.  As sad as it is, I'm glad to see another foster mom who sees it the way I do.  Check out Rebecca at Fosterhood in NYC for her view.

No comments:

Post a Comment