Friday, November 30, 2012

Oh, Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree

When my foster friend came over Sunday to help me put my tree up, we wondered whether Lolly was going to attack it.  Wolfey's been around for 8 1/2 years and he's never bothered the tree a bit, but Lolly tends to eat random things, so you just never know.  In fact, when we made our Lowe's trip for a new tree stand, we joked that we were going to get back and the tree was going to be destroyed and the stand would be pointless.  Thankfully, we got home and not only was the tree still intact, but it didn't appear that Lolly had messed with it at all.  We made a point to put all the breakable or sentimental ornaments up high so I wouldn't have to worry as much, but still on Monday when I went to work I worried that I'd get home to find the tree in pieces on the floor.  I arrived home to find one lonely little ornament chewed up on the living room floor.  I wasn't thrilled, but it was a lot less of a mess than I'd expected.  Tuesday I found the same thing, although there had been less damage done to Tuesday's ornament, so I took that as a good sign.  Wednesday I found nothing!  I was hoping that meant that she was just adjusting to the new arrival in her space and finally felt as if she'd let it know who's boss.  Then I got home last night.  There were two (intact) ornaments in the dining room, one (intact) in the kitchen, one (broken but not ruined) on living room floor and one completely demolished ornament on the couch.  Grr!  I know this is something weird and tempting, but still.  She's so destructive!  I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to get this darn dog to stop eating my stuff.  I know there are no-chew sprays, but I hate the idea of having more chemicals in the house, in addition to the fact that I'd have to spray the whole house to protect it from her!  I know buying a new crate (since she destroyed the last one) makes the most sense, but I really hate the idea of crating her all day, especially since the whole point of getting another dog was so Wolfey would have company.  Anybody have any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment