Thursday, November 22, 2012

No baby mama drama here

It's amazing to me how well the boy's bio mom and I get along. That's not to say it was always easy. I mean, DCS took her child from her and gave him to me. Anyone who imagines that could ever be easy has no grasp on reality! But it's pretty awesome how we grew to have a mutual respect for each other. She just texted me to say happy Thanksgiving and we ended up chatting for a bit, catching up and it was actually really nice. It's really too bad I couldn't have that relationship with the boy's adoptive (I'm assuming, since I don't get updates) mom, but I really have a ton of respect for how bio mom pulled through and handled the situation. Odd though it may be, I really do county myself lucky to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment