Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sleeping with stinky dog

Wolfey and I walk with some friends of ours (okay, a friend of mine and his dog) once a week at the local park.  The dogs usually roll in the mud, swim in the pond or do other things that get them dirty and stinky, so I usually give Wolfey a bath when we get home.  Last night was park night but I also needed to plant the tree my sister had bought me at the Earth Day event.  When we got home from the park, I immediately went outside to plant the tree and ended up doing some other yard work that I had been neglecting.  After walking a couple miles, planting a tree, pulling weeds, and on and on, I was beat!  When I finished, I changed into my jammies and crawled into bed...only to realize I was sleeping with stinky dog.  I considered getting back up to give him a bath, but realized that then I'd be sleeping with wet dog and I'm not sure which is worse!  I gave Wolfey a stern look and said, "you stink!" and he went down to the foot of the bed and stayed there all night.  I don't know how I got so lucky as to have a dog who somehow understands English but I sure am thankful he didn't want to snuggle last night!  For the record, I got up early and gave him a bath before I left for work this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment