Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Foster networking

I was very lucky to be set up with another single foster mom for respite purposes.  She kept The Boy overnight for me a few times (I had an out of town wedding, The Girl needed some "us time" to get settled in, etc) and I kept her 2 foster kids a couple times for her.  In the process, we also became good friends and it was great to have a sounding board.  Someone who could really relate, because she was in the exact same situation.  My kids have been gone for nearly a year now and we still keep in contact.  We just got off the phone and she's having more foster issues, even though her kids have been gone for several months (she decided to take a break after they left, but has just renewed her license and will probably resume fostering here shortly).  I love that even though I'm no longer a foster mom, I'm still able to be involved, help foster kids and support foster parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment