Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Can it be?

Have I actually met a guy who not only admits when he's wrong but also apologizes?!  Not only did I lecture him (something I'm really bad about doing.  Oops!) but I picked a fight over the phone (I believe these things should always be done in person, in order to see facial expression, be more empathetic and hug it out at the end).  Sparing you the details of the argument, here's how it wrapped up:
Me: (being somewhat accusatory and bitchy)
Wordy: "There's no need to argue.  You're absolutely right."
Me: "I know I'm right!"
Wordy: (laughing) "I love that even when you're mad at me you're still so patient with me.  I think I'm ready for you to meet my son."
Me: (melting) "I'd really like that.  I think, like you, he needs as many positive, supportive people in his life as possible."
Wordy: "Okay, let's set it up soon.  I need to get off here though and put him to bed."
Me: (not letting it go, because I'm still a bit peeved, despite him admitting that he screwed up) "I'm still waiting for an apology.  I'm glad that (describing what he did right)...
Wordy: (interrupting) "No, don't make excuses for me."
Me: "I'm not, just saying I understand why you did it, but I still think (describing what he did wrong) isn't fair to me."
Wordy: "You're completely right.  I'm so sorry."
Is this guy for real??  Not only did he take my lecturing in stride, he apologized AND found the positive in the situation.  I'm so lucky I have a friend who accepts me as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment