Friday, April 13, 2012

Papa's truck

My aunt offered me a shelving unit for storage in my garage and brought it to my parents' house on Easter.  Since it wouldn't fit in my car, it's been sitting there ever since.  Last night, my mom called and suggested that I stop at my dad's shop to pick up his old truck (it's for sale, if anyone's looking!) to use to take the shelves out to my house.  The shop is on my way to work so, I could get my car back on my way past in the morning.  Since I was in the area, I stopped at my sister's house on the way through to say hi to the monkeys, but only Miss Thing was home when I got there.  She said they had all gone to pick up Schmo from a friend's house and would be back shortly, so I stuck around.  When the other kids got home, they were all looking for Papa, since his truck was there.  I got a lot of "Where's Papa?" "Why are you here?" and "Why do you have Papa's truck?" but they soon moved on and gave lots of hugs.  I love monkey hugs!  I visited for a while, then went about the rest of my evening, finally getting home, unloading the shelves and parking the truck in my driveway. 

When we woke up this morning, Wolfey went about his usual morning routine, which includes eating breakfast, tripping me as he waggles around me while I get ready for work and hopping up on the couch to look out the front window.  He loves to see what's going on in the neighborhood.  As soon as he saw Papa's truck in the driveway he started going crazy, barking and dancing around all excited.  He was terribly disappointed when I told him Papa wasn't there.  I guess everyone gets excited at the prospect of Papa coming to visit!  I'm so lucky to have a dad who is so great, even the dog gets excited to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment