Monday, April 9, 2012

Meet the monkeys

Not literally monkeys, but this is what I call my nieces and nephews.  Along with Wolfey, they are the most important things (I say things because most people get all weird when I call Wolfey people.  Just go with it!) in my life.  I may add a picture later, but for my sister's privacy I'll avoid monkey pictures for now!

Monkey #1, also known as Miss Thing, is a 12 year old self-professed tom boy who secretly has a girly streak.  For the first 11 years of her life, I told her every chance I got that she was my favorite girl in the whole wide world.  Unfortunately, when her little sister came along and she had to share that title, she wasn't too happy with me, but I think having an adorable little sister has helped to ease the pain!

Monkey #2, also known as Buddy, is a 10 year old do-it-yourselfer.  He is the hardest working, most inventive little man you've ever met and I just know some day he's going to be an architect, a designer, a doctor, or some equally amazing, creative problem solver.  The kid built a tree house at age 8 and is currently building a cottage in the woods behind their house, for goodness sake!  And we're not just talking slapping some boards together and calling it a "fort," either.  He dug post holes for the corners and framed it out, built a sturdy, flat floor and is currently working on a roof.  Can you tell I'm impressed?

Monkey #3, also known as Schmo, is a 7 year old space cadet.  I love him more than words can tell, but he truly is a ding dong.  He's the kid who will ask you the same thing seventeen times and then cry when you say, "Schmo, I've already told you.  If you really wanted to know, you should have listened to the answer the first sixteen times!" but he's also the kid who always has a hug for you, tells you he loves you, and can just melt your heart with his big, dimpled smile!

Monkey #4, also known as Doll Baby, is a 3 year old bundle of energy.  He is smart, funny and has a big personality.  He knows more about my iPhone than I do, talks a mile a minute and loves his momma more than anything else in the world.  He's got such a big heart and while he can be a bit stingy with his hugs, he's just about the most kissable little monster ever!

Monkey #5, also known as the Princess, is a 1 year old little angel.  She's the cutest, smiliest, most loveable baby ever (other than her 4 older siblings, of course!) and I just can't say enough good things about her.  She just learned to walk and watching her toddle around the house is just too funny.  She's learning to feed herself with a spoon and seems to think that food can double as a hair styling product.

With all this love in one place, it's hard to go to my sister's house and not feel blessed.  These are the most incredible kids on the planet (I may be just a bit biased, but I don't think so) and I love auditioning for "aunt of the year"!  Being an aunt, particularly a favorite aunt, is the best job in the entire world.  I get to spoil them rotten, get lots of hugs and love, and go home to my quiet house!  I'm so lucky I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment