Friday, April 6, 2012

New home, same sentiment

Formerly of "Mommy is a Job Title" (karenfosters.tumblr.com), my (former) foster son's bio mom found my blog and was upset with some of my posts.  The Department of Child Services (DCS) requested that I remove my blog to keep her happy and of course I obliged.  I shut my blog down more than a year ago and not a day has gone by that I haven't missed blogging.  My goal in blogging was to inspire and educate others about fostering and support those who were considering going down the same path as me.  I found that, as a result of wanting to inspire others, I was forcing myself to see the positive in every situation and I've really missed that.  So here I am.  No longer blogging about fostering (partly because I'm taking a break from fostering, but mostly because it's not worth the risk of upsetting anyone) but still wanting the community that comes from sharing your life with others, the push to see the positive and the outlet that comes with putting your thoughts "on paper".  My topics may be different, but my heart's still in the same place!

No comments:

Post a Comment