Saturday, December 22, 2012

Why is it...

...that I can go days, weeks, even months without shedding a tear over my kids and then I'll have a day like today when everything I see, hear, read and think of sends me into a fit of missing-my-babies tears?  Don't get me wrong, I think about them a bajillion times a day, I just don't usually cry.  Yes, the holidays are right around the corner and I have been preparing myself to have a few harder-than-average days but this is insane.  I've mentioned before that I know things have to get easier and there will always be things that remind me of my kids, I just wish that I could have some experiences that could remind me why I fostered and why I had to give my foster babies up.  I sent this message to The Boy's adoptive (I'm assuming, since I haven't heard anything) mom and I'm waiting with baited breath, hoping to hear back from her.

Dear (new mommy),
It's hard to believe that it's been more than five months since I've heard anything about (The Boy).  I think about him daily and hope he is doing well and as the holidays approach I'm reminded more and more of some of the awesome memories we shared.  I hope he's doing well and that your family is happy and healthy this holiday season and always.  I understand if you don't want to tell him why, but please give him an extra hug tonight, and make it from me :)

As I sit here typing with tears streaming down my face, I can't help but wonder if they know how often I think of them, how much I miss them and how deeply I love them, but I know just how lucky I am to have had them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment