Monday, December 10, 2012

I am loved

You may remember that I've had some swallowing issues in the past and have actually had to be hospitalized to have my throat stretched.  I'm going to have it done again tomorrow and my friends and family have been so awesome supporting me through it.  Originally I had asked BBS to drop me off at the hospital and pick me up after the procedure.  I had asked my foster friend to be my back up, in case the procedure ran long and BBS couldn't make it because of having to get the kids off the school bus.  I had everything covered, but Mom and Man both threw a fit that I shouldn't be at the hospital alone.  Both offered to take the day off work to come sit at the hospital with me, despite the fact that I'll be unconscious about half the time that I'm there.  Since Man would not only have to take the day off work, but would also have to drive two hours each way, I declined (several times) for him to come.  Since I'll be staying at my parents' house that night anyway (last time I had it done the doctor didn't want me to be alone that night, since I had been under a general anesthesia) I finally gave in and let Mom take the day off to come with me.  As silly as I think it is for either of them to waste an entire day, I also feel really lucky to love such amazing, generous people.

No comments:

Post a Comment