Monday, December 24, 2012

What have I gotten myself into?

In a matter of moments yesterday I went from planning a quiet Christmas morning, just Man and I waking up to a few gifts under the tree to hosting Christmas breakfast and potentially having 20ish people at my tiny house on Christmas (for the record, this is why I didn't post yesterday - too busy having a mini meltdown! Boy, am I lucky Man was able to talk me down off that ledge...several times!). The monkeys have been sick for nearly two weeks now (Schmo came down with it first and a few days later the others started dropping like flies) and somehow even Mom (who NEVER gets sick) got the bug. Just when it seemed everyone was on the mend and Christmas may not be badly affected, Princess's fever returned and Dad got sick. Christmas Day is usually at my parents' house, with Mom's parents and a few of her siblings coming over but we don't want to risk Grandpa getting sick (he's 93 and this is the longest he's stayed out of the hospital in months and we'd like to keep it that way!) so we certainly don't want Grandpa around Dad or even in my parents' germy house. So, since BBS has germies in her house, too, and the rest of the family who attends Christmas Day activities is from out of town, I volunteered my house. I certainly don't regret it - this is what family does and I'm just happy to get to see almost everyone on Christmas - I'm just a little worried that I don't have a shoe horn big enough to squeeze everyone into my house! I'm sure I won't be posting tomorrow, with all the craziness that is bound to ensue, so...
Have a happy, safe, family chaos filled Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment