Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snow day!

I put the dogs out to potty this morning and saw we'd gotten snow overnight! Not a ton, but a heavy dusting that turned everything a beautifully wintery white. I was just snuggling back into bed to check my email and send Man his wake up text when I received a call from a coworker that he had just gotten off the phone with the owner of the company, who had requested that he instruct anyone north of a certain area to stay home, even if it meant their store would have to remain closed that day. Since I had scrubbed my house top to bottom in preparation for Christmas company who didn't come (we all ended up at BBS's house) there were no real chores to do, so I spent most of the day catching up on snuggle time with the pups. It was really pretty great. I admit I don't always adore my job, but I feel like I'm pretty darn lucky to work for a company that understands the value of it's employees and places our safety before the opportunity to make a few bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment