Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No news is good news

In case any of you were on the edge of your seats waiting for results from yesterday's adventures, I just wanted to say all went well.  Mom took the day off work and was by my side almost the entire day.  She did run to the grocery store while I was in the procedure and waking up from the anesthesia, but other than that we spent the whole day together.  I arrived at my parents' house fairly early to meet Mom and drop off the dogs and we arrived at the hospital around 10:30.  They did all the prep stuff and we had some time to kill since the guy ahead of me arrived unprepared so we visited for a bit before they gave me the first dose of meds to knock me out.  Apparently last time I was hard to put out so this time they gave me a shot of Benadryl to help make the anesthesia work better.  As soon as they put the shot in my IV I could feel it.  My fingers got tingly, then I felt it in my face and chest.  We were talking and I started losing words.  At one point we were talking about the kids' upcoming birthdays (Miss Thing, Buddy and Princess all have January birthdays) and I could not, for the life of me, remember the word "bag".  We were talking about icing a cake and I made a squeezing gesture and Mom figured out what I meant.  I thought it was hilarious that she got "bag" from a move like milking a cow.  Yeah, kind of felt like I was drunk.  Not such a great feeling, but Mom was getting a kick out of it!  After I woke up and was allowed to leave the hospital we went back to their house and I crashed on the couch until dinner time.  Once again I had some tearing in my esophagus so I wasn't allowed to eat any solids but I had some soup while Mom and Dad had dinner, then Mom and I played a game until bed time.  I hate to admit it, but it was really nice to be taken care of all evening.  Every girl needs their mommy every now and then, and I am so lucky to have such an awesome one!

No comments:

Post a Comment