Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kidneys

Lolly has had more accidents in my house in the two months I've had her than Wolfey has in the four years we've lived in this house.  I've been working with the vet to figure out what is going on, including taking a urine sample, asking lots of questions and most recently having blood drawn yesterday.  I just got a call from the vet that Lolly's kidneys are failing.  She is down to less than 25% kidney function, and needs meds (natural supplements, to start with) to help support it.  They want to do more bloodwork in 6-8 weeks to see how the treatment is working but if this doesn't help, she may have to go to an internist to figure out what the problem is and where we go from here.  I'm really hoping the supplements do the trick, because I'm not sure I can keep spending money like this!  Would it be completely ridiculous to buy pet insurance?  And do they even cover things like this?  I think it's time for me to do some research!

No comments:

Post a Comment