Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sleep deprived doggy mommy shoots two dogs, sleeps for days straight

Seems like a pretty likely headline, considering our night last night.  I've gotten used to Lolly's 6am wake up licks, and although I don't like being woken up so early, I do enjoy the snuggle time we generally have as a result of her morning assaults.  I've learned that as long as I keep petting her she lays peacefully and Wolfey and I can snuggle, too.  If I stop petting, I better be ready for her to bring on the scratchy paws and attempts at French kissing!  I've learned that I just need to go to sleep a little earlier so I'm functional waking up that early.  Last night, though, both dogs decided 10:30 was too early.  Every time I thought I had them settled down and started to drift off, one of them would step on me, lick me or just get in my face.  The last time I looked at the clock was 1:48am and I know it was a little while after that that  I finally fell asleep.  Then I got my usual 6:00am wake up lick and was NOT a happy camper!  I am seriously dragging butt today!


No comments:

Post a Comment