Thursday, October 18, 2012

Coverage

I really enjoy covering other stores.  It gives me a nice break from my usual day-to-day, lets me see different customers, gives me an opportunity to check out other stores and get ideas for my stores, and most importantly - I generally cover stores that are busier than mine, so it's not so boring!  I hate to be negative, because I'm super thankful to have a good job, but my job can be painfully boring this time of year.  So when a friend called me last week to cover his store today and tomorrow, I jumped at the chance to get out of my store for something different and offer my employees a few extra hours.  The problem: EVERY time I work at this store, I have a major flub-up.  Every time!  It's always something personal, generally something that doesn't affect my performance, and never something the higher-ups in the company ever find out about, or would worry about even if they did know, but it's also always frustrating to me.  The first time, I packed soup for lunch...but no spoon.  The second time I packed my lunch...and left it in the refrigerator at home.  And this time is definitely the best.  I have to leave my house about 20 minutes earlier than I'm used to to work at this store.  On top of that, I had to stop and get gas this morning.  So, in my dreary state, I didn't pay much attention to what I put on, knowing that jeans and a work polo is pretty mindless.  Of course, I probably should have paid more attention to the jeans, and NOT grabbed the ones with a giant hole...in the butt.  Oops!  Good thing it's a cool day and I've got a fleece on!  Looks like I need to tie it around my waste to cover my little faux pas!  I really am lucky to have this nice break from the tedium of working the same slow store every day, and to have a friend and coworker who trusts me to cover his store; I just wish I was more on top of things and didn't screw something up every time I come here!

2 comments:

  1. Why do you still have these jeans in your closet?! Throw them away!!!!

    Love,
    Your BBS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because they didn't have a hole until your darling 4-legged niece got ahold of them! I picked them up off of the floor because she had dragged them out of the laundry basket and didn't even realize it until I got to work! But yes, now they are trash :/ Along with my brand new hoodie I've never even worn!!

      Delete