Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fred

I've always known that I'm incredibly lucky to have known all four of my grandparents, plus four of my great grandparents.  What I sometimes forget is just how lucky I am to still have three of my grandparents around. Here I am, solidly in my thirties (yes, I admit it!) and I have three happy and relatively healthy grandparents.  This amazing fact was reinforced yesterday when I spent my afternoon off taking my grandpa to a movie, then having dinner with my grandparents.  Grandpa is 92 years old and has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately, but just the fact that I was able to take him out for the afternoon is incredible.  He and Grandma still own and take care of their own home and lead relatively active social lives.  Yes, he can be a crotchety old man, but it's those days like yesterday, when I get to know that I'm the one who put that smile on his face, that I plan on relishing for years to come.  I am so lucky to love such awesome grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment