Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yumm!

I really do have the most wonderful mom! I've been digging into what causes my throat issues and learned that I have several food allergies, including wheat. I was told not to deprive myself, but to be mindful of what I eat and eat my allergens in very small amounts. Mom's birthday is Saturday and we're doing dinner tomorrow to celebrate. BBS suggested we do an ice cream cake to eliminate the wheat but I insisted that we'll do what works for me for my birthday (next week) and do Mom's favorite - yellow cake with chocolate icing for Mom. I figured I'd just eat a few bites. Mom found the happy medium, though and requested cheesecake. That way I can eat a whole piece without having much wheat. Bonus - I'm baking it now and the house smells amazing! I think this wheat allergy is working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment