Sunday, October 28, 2012

Product placement

I've always prided myself on the fact that, despite having an inside dog, my house has never smelled like dog...until Lolly came around. She gets baths just as often as Wolfey, but she's just a stinky dog. And unfortunately, I've noticed that the house has started reflecting that. Not that my house smelled bad, just that it was evident that dogs live here. So today I remedied that! Two products I couldn't live with inside dogs without: Murphy's Oil Soap and Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh. I started with the couches, sprinkling the Pet Fresh on, waiting the requisite 15 minutes and vacuuming it back off. Since the cushions on the back of my couch come off and the dogs like to pull them down to lay on them, I did both sides. I've found that I have to put the dogs outside for this process or Wolfey likes to roll in the Pet Fresh. Not sure why that is. The house smelled so much better after that, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. Since I had the vacuum out anyway, I swept the entire house and then mopped with my Murphy's Oil Soap. Not only is it good for hardwood floors, it also helps eliminate any doggy accident odors (and we all know how Lolly had issues with peeing everywhere!) that may be left behind after day-to-day clean up. So now not only does my house look nice, it smells fantastic! So fresh and clean, but without the chemical smell you get with harsh detergents. I love it! Oh, and a shout out to BBS who recommended that I buy one of those refillable spray mops. It's like a Swiffer wet jet but you wash and reuse the mop head and can use whatever cleaner you like. I love that thing! It cuts my mopping time in half, which is a pretty big deal when your entire house is hardwood! So yes, I'm excited about cleaning, but really, with results like these, who wouldn't be?!

Notice: all opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and I was not compensated by Murphy's Oil Soap or Arm and Hammer in any way. That being said, if anyone from these companies is reading this, I love these products enough, I'd be happy to do some endorsements!

No comments:

Post a Comment