Sunday, June 24, 2012

Technology terrors

I can't decide if the group is led by my digital clock (which I know is set wrong, but should still know that there are 60 seconds in a minute) or my HE washing machine but my technology is definitely ganging up on me.  This morning I woke up early enough to do a little housework before going to work, planning to strip the bed and wash the sheets, make a batch of dog food, water my poor thirsty flowers and then throw the sheets outside on the line before leaving for work.  I put the sheets in the washer at 9:02 (according to my several-minutes-fast digital clock) and my high tech, high efficiency washer told me they would be ready in 53 minutes.  Perfect, since I had to leave around 10:00.  I went about the rest of my chores, got ready work work, had a little Wolfey time and a few minutes after 10 (according to that same clock), I went downstairs to pull the laundry out of the drier...only to find that it still had 10 minutes left!  Meaning my clock told me that over an hour had passed while my washer was trying to convince me that it had only been 43 minutes.  Now, either my clock is on hyper drive, my washer is on super slow motion, or they're conspiring to throw off my timing for the entire day.  I had big plans to get the sheets on the line before I left for work so I could make the bed real quick when I stop in to pick Wolfey up for our evening walk with our friends and then fall into bed when we get home.  Now I'll have to put the sheets on the line when I pick Wolfey up, toss them in the drier when we get home to finish the process (since they won't be outside long enough to get completely dry) and get to bed much later than I anticipated.  Okay, I know in the grand scheme of things this is SO not a big deal, but I really wish my washer would be nice to me!

Oh, and for the record, the reason I had to leave early was to stop at Green Acres Canoe Rental on the way to work to pick up a donation for the silent auction that will be done at our upcoming event for The Arc.  So awesome that they donated a gift certificate for a tubing trip for 4, as well as 4 rounds of mini golf!  If you're in the greater Cincinnati area, Green Acres is an awesome place to spend a summer afternoon.  Check them out at www.greenacrescanoe.com or on facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/#!/GreenAcresCanoe Be sure to say hi to my family while you're there ;)

2 comments:

  1. I know this has nothing to do with your post, but how was week 1 of the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, I like that you're checking in. Keeps me working! I didn't do great (this time of year is always rough for starting new things, since I work 6 days a week in the summer) but doing the challenge has held me accountable when craving junk food, so I've definitely done better with eathing healthy. At least that's something! How are you doing?

      Delete